Why a Los Angeles Workers' Comp Lawyer?
You are not required to work with a lawyer when filing a workers' compensation claim in Los Angeles, and as such you may wonder why you should consider hiring legal counsel to help with your claim. On this page we have included some basic information as to why it may be beneficial to include a lawyer; if you are interested in finding out more about your particular claim we welcome you to call us or contact us online to set up a free initial case review.
Workers' compensation claims may be complex, particularly when dealing with an employer or insurance company that is not willing to work with you and treat you fairly as they assess the value of your claim and pay out your benefits. A claim may be delayed or denied, and in these situations an employee may feel that they have no other options and no way to pay medical and living expenses while they are unable to work. An attorney can assist an injured worker by:
- Conducting an initial assessment of the matter and your right to file a claim
- Filing your workers' compensation claim with your employer
- Handling any and all communication with your employer or the appropriate insurance company
- Putting pressure on the insurance company/your employer to ensure your claim is given the attention and fair treatment it deserves
- Filing an appeal if your claim is denied
While you focus on recovering, your Los Angeles workers' comp lawyer can work to focus on ensuring your rights are protected and that you have the opportunity to reap the many benefits that workers' compensation has to offer.
For help with your claim, contact a workers' comp lawyer at Pacific Attorney Group today! Your initial consultation is free.